When: Saturday, June 29th, 2024,
Swap 9am – 3pm
Game Night 5pm-10pm

Renton Bible Church (in the parking lot)
973 Union Ave NE
Renton, WA 98059

Discord: https://discord.com/invite/bMGgu65fZx
FAQ: https://bgflea.com/forum/topic/faq-frequently-asked-questions/
BGG Threadhttps://boardgamegeek.com/thread/3296192
Math Tradehttps://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/337409

Messages Waiting:

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

General Info

When is the event?

June 29, 2024

Where is the event?

Renton Bible Church (parking lot)

973 Union Ave NE

Renton, WA 98059

What is the schedule?

8:00 am - Sellers/Traders arrive to set up

9:00 am - Open to all

12:00 pm - Auction items drop off is available

1:00 pm - Auction starts

3:00 pm - Auction ends 

3:00 - 5:00pm Cleanup & Break to Find Food

5:00 pm - Game Night begins

10:00 pm - Game Night ends

Where can I park?

There will be some parking available in the parking lot at the event, along with lots of street parking in the surrounding neighborhood.

There will also be overflow parking less than 5 minutes walk away at Next Door Church, 850 Union Ave NE, Renton, WA 98059.

Will restrooms be available?

Yes, we are not animals!  There will be signs up, indicating the path to the restrooms, which are inside the building.

Can I help with anything?

Yes!  Please contact John (lostdog19@gmail.com).  I’ll likely need help with many aspects of the swap!

Sales / Swap 

What can I bring to the event?

Bring New/Used board games from your collection, which you no longer want.

Can I bring items I’ve created?

No.  It has been requested by our host location that only second-hand merchandise be brought.

Should I bring anything else?

If you plan to sell/trade, you should bring your own tables, chairs, canopies.  Also, we will not be providing food, so either plan to bring food, or take time to visit the nearby restaurants or grocery stores.

Is there a limit to how much I can bring?

No, however please be considerate of people around you, as we’ll all be trying to share the space.

What if I bring games which no one buys and I don’t want to take home?

We will have an area set aside for anything which is unwanted.  These items will be donated after the event.

Auction

How do I submit items for the auction?

An hour before the auction starts, you’ll be able to bring items to the auction tables.  Please limit your stacks to 10 items per table. As the auction progresses, you can continue to add more, assuming you limit to 10 per table.

How should I prepare my items for the auction?

Place a Post It note on your items with the following info:  Your name and Minimum starting price.

How will the auction run?

We will pull a stack of items from the table.  We will read your name.  Please stand up and be ready to collect money from the buyers.  Each item will start at the starting price and quickly move through as long as there are active bidders.  Once bidding stops, we will hand the item off to you, so you can deliver it to the buyer and collect money.

What happens to items which don’t get bid on?

We will allow the seller to drop the starting bid, but if still no one bids, then we will return the item to the seller.

Game Night

What can I expect for Game Night?

Following the Game Swap (and cleanup) you’ll have time to grab some food, if you didn’t bring any, and they we’ll sit down inside and play games!  Feel free to bring games specifically to play or play games you just acquired – who knows, maybe someone can teach you your new game!

Will game night run specifically from 5pm until 10pm?

No.  These are the “official” times, however if we get things cleaned up from the event, and have food ready, gaming can unofficially start early.  As for the end time, since I will need to clean up the game play area (before Sunday morning activities), I need to make sure to have time.  It’s not a hard stop, though likely 11pm would be.

Do I need to attend the Game Swap to attend the Game Night?

No.  Feel free to come to either or both!

Ivyhymn, niledesign and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
IvyhymnniledesignkejeleRococo_Zephyrfreaklet31Harish Narayanan